Iperal is a large-scale distribution company present in seven provinces of Lombardy (Sondrio, Lecco, Como, Monza Brianza, Varese, Brescia and Bergamo) with over 40 stores. In 2012 Iperal undertook a digitalization process that led it to become a growing company in the large-scale retail market and a reference point in Lombardy.
In 2012 Iperal undertook a digitalization process that led it to become a growing company in the large-scale retail market and a reference point in Lombardy.
Iperal’s specific qualities, combined with those of a sector such as large-scale distribution, implied three requirements:
- Provide customers and potential customers with a useful service for everyday shopping
- Maintain a continuous relationship with each customer aimed at making them loyal and, consequently, inclined to make repeated purchases
- Eliminate the distances between the online dimension and its stores.
Supported by one of our teams, Iperal created a functional and highly visually effective newsletter template. After the first good results, Iperal refined its strategy by integrating a dedicated offer plan (coupons) and SMS channel resources, which it uses to let its contacts know about new store openings and the launch of new services. The process was constantly improved over time, reaching its current strategic configuration. The company currently uses the MailUp platform to:
- Send personalized newsletters
- Launch informative SMS campaigns
- Send happy birthday emails and SMS messages
- Manage, with the collaboration of Digitelematica, the entire flow of transactional emails related to the Online Spending program
- Integrate its content marketing strategy into its newsletters
- Integrate its email advertising strategy into its newsletters
In 2017, there was a 24% increase in users who subscribed to Iperal’s newsletter. This sharp increase can also be seen in its campaigns’ performance, which show a higher opening and click-through rate – 20% and 6% respectively – compared to the average results of the large-scale distribution segment (obtained from the MailUp Statistical Observatory 2018).
The data related to segmentation is interesting: by defining eight different sending clusters, the newsletter recorded a near 30% increase in clicks on the various contents.